Angaza Sports and Development Centre is a sport for good organization registered as an NGO since 2009. We work with communities and schools to further our football for good mission of combining football and educational play-based methodologies that focus on the needs and entitlements of children, youth, and communities. We operate in Thika, Kiambu County.
Job Title – Finance and Administration officer
Reports to; Executive Director
Description of main roles & responsibilities;
• Ensure that appropriate system of budgetary control are developed and maintained, with a robust system of internal controls.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, half-year, and annual financial reports in accordance with set timelines.
• Develop strategies, policies, and tools to effectively coordinate organizational accounting, budgeting, and expenditure.
• Verify the accuracy of budgets for all project activities and review variances.
• Process requisitions and payments.
• Prepare journal entries and reconcile general ledger on a monthly basis.
• Reviewing monthly reconciliations of all payments accounts.
• Review of accounts payable on a monthly basis in relation to payee records on all payment platforms.
• Reconcile cash and imprests accounts on a weekly basis and follow up on all overdue accounts.
• Preparation of all financial reports for external stakeholders.
• Ensure adequate preparation and participation in internal and external audits.
• Ensure that the external audit is performed, completed on time to within the set deadlines by law and that management response to audits performed are shared with the external auditors, and that audit recommendations are implemented.
• Ensuring transactions processed and all financial reports and records maintained fully comply with Kenyan laws and regulations.
• Train staff members on financial procedures and systems.
• Ensure annual returns are filed and submitted timely.
• Ensure the payment of salaries for all staff.
• Ensure timely payment of statutory deductions.
• To undertake any other tasks assigned by the Executive Director which might be reasonably deemed within the status of the job and appropriate to the post.
• Oversee maintenance, timely and sequential filling of payment records.
• Ensure that the finance and admin filling system is in place and all records are kept safely.
• Attend and minute weekly staff meetings and keep records thereof.
• Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register and ensure that all organizations’ assets are well marked.
• Ensure effective coordination of all transport and travel logistics.
• Coordination of all office activities under the admin function.
c) Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
• Degree or Diploma in financial management, commerce, or business administration with finance option.
• CPA 3.
• At least 1 year of work experience in finance and administration in an NGO setting.
• Accounting background with the ability to prepare financial reports, statements, and projections and excellent knowledge and experience of accounting software.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and writing skills.
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications via email only with only a Cover Letter, CV, and 3 references to: email@example.com on or before 10th February 2021 at 4 pm. Please indicate on the subject line of your application as ‘Job Application: Finance and Administration Officer’. Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials, or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.